Red Lentil Crepes with Charred Cabbage
These amazing crepes are made from red lentils. They are very simple to make, tasty, high protein and gluten-free. You’ll love them!
Beautiful golden crepes made from red lentils. Topped with creamy hummus and lovely sticky cabbage, firstly charred on the griddle, then baked in balsamic, maple syrup and thyme. Delicious.
The crepes are very simple to make, tasty, high protein and a gluten-free option as I made them from red lentils!
All you need to do is soak your lentils, add some spices and water and blitz to a smooth paste. To cook, you need to heat a frying pan to medium, ladle in the batter, swirl and allow to cook on one side, then flip to cook through. Easy and delicious indeed.
I topped with some super creamy hummus and sticky charred, then baked cabbage.
If you don’t think cabbage is exciting or delicious, then you haven’t tried it like this! It’s wonderful.
I hope you love it. Let me know what you think.
Love, Niki xxx
Vegan Red Lentil Crepes with Charred Cabbage
For the crepes
- 200 g red split lentils rinsed well
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 250 ml water
- Optional - Handful fresh coriander
For the charred cabbage
- 1 small head green cabbage
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 1 sprig fresh thyme
For the toppings
- Chilli oil
To make the crepes
- Add the rinsed lentils to a bowl and pour boiling water over to cover completely.
- Soak for at least 3 hrs (or overnight), then rinse and drain well.
- Add the lentils along with the other ingredients to a food processor and blitz to a creamy batter.
- Pre-heat a non-stick frying pan to medium and add a little oil.
- Add a ladle of the batter and swirl to create the crepe.
- Allow to cook for 2-3 minutes until the crepe bubbles and comes away easily at the corning.
- Flip and cook on the other side for a minute.
- Repeat with the remaining batter.
To make the charred cabbage
- Pre- heat your oven to 180c
- Slice the cabbage in half (through the root so it holds together)
- Continue cutting until you have 10 wedges.
- Now mix the dressing ingredients in a jar.
- On a pre- heated griddle pan, add the slices of cabbage a few at a time. Char on both sides, then add them to a high sided baking tray.
- Pour the dressing over the top.
- Roast for 35 minutes or until soft on the inside and charred on the outside.