Enjoy a Spring Tomato & Roast Veg Risotto with Stoneleigh Sauvignon Blanc
If you’re looking for a delicious and vibrant spring dish that pairs perfectly with a premium white wine, you’ll love this recipe collaboration with Stoneleigh. This tomato & roast veg risotto is bursting with flavour and is an ideal complement to the fresh and crisp taste of Stoneleigh Sauvignon Blanc.
In Collaboration with Stoneleigh Wines
he risotto is packed with juicy roast veggies and the passata adds tons of flavour giving the risotto a spring like twist. Gorgeous with the zesty wine.
Stoneleigh is a sustainably sourced, vegan-certified wine brand from Marlborough, New Zealand, known for its minimal intervention winemaking philosophy that showcases the natural vibrancy and flavors of the region.
Why I love Stoneleigh
1. Premium Quality: Stoneleigh Sauvignon Blanc is a premium NZ white wine with fresh, varietally true aromas of passionfruit, vibrant citrus notes, and a crisp finish. It’s my go-to wine brand for any occasion.
2. Perfect Pairing:
Stoneleigh is the perfect wine to pair with this tomato & roast veg risotto feast. The flavors complement each other beautifully, making it a delightful meal for sharing with friends.
3. Sustainable and Vegan:
Stoneleigh is 100% sustainably sourced, and vegan-certified, making it a small, sustainable change that we can make to protect our planet.
Did you know that some wines aren’t vegan?
It’s true! Even though wine is made from grapes, some winemakers use animal-derived products during the production process, like egg whites, milk protein, or fish bladder to clarify the wine.
As a vegan chef and recipe creator, I’m always on the lookout for vegan-friendly ingredients.
That’s why I always make sure to check that the wines I’m using are vegan-certified, like the Stoneleigh Sauvignon Blanc.
So, next time you’re choosing a bottle of wine, make sure to check the label and look for a vegan certification. It’s a small but impactful way to support animal-friendly products and protect our planet.
Cheers to that!
I hope you enjoy making this tomato & roast veg risotto with Stoneleigh Sauvignon Blanc.
It’s a fantastic way to celebrate the fresh flavors of spring and share a lovely wine with friends.
Let me know if you give it a try.
Spring Tomato & Roast Veg Risotto with Stoneleigh Sauvignon Blanc
For the Roast Veg
- 1 aubergine chopped
- 1 courgette chopped
- 1 red pepper chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 pinch salt & pepper
For the Risotto
- 250 g arborio rice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion chopped roughly
- 4 cloves garlic sliced
- 3 tbsp Stoneleigh SauvignonBlanc
- 1 litre veg stock more if needed
- 1 jar passata
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 zest lemon
- 2 tbsp fresh thyme chopped
- 2 tbsp coconut/vegan greek style yogurt
- 1 tsp sea salt & black pepper
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Roast veg
- Pre-heat your oven to 180CFirstly chop up the veg and add it to a large baking tray with the olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Roast for approx 25-30 minutes until the veg is cooked through.
To make the risotto
- Add the oil to a large pan on a low tomedium heat, then add in the chopped onions.
- Fry for8-10 minutes until soft.
- Next, add the garlic and fry for a minute, then add rice and stir for a minute, then add in the wine. Stir to combine thoroughly.
- Add 250ml of the stock and the passata.
- Then add the rest of the stock a ladle at a time until all the liquid is absorbed.
- When the rice is tender, stir in the nutritional yeast, lemon zest, thyme and add in half the roast veg and stir to combine.
- Season well and stir in the yogurt.
- Top with roast veg and a drizzle of olive oil.