My Beans & Greens Souper-dupa Winter Warmer
A delicious and super wholesome soup packed full of beans, lentils, greens, and spices. A perfect winter warmer to keep you cosy, and healthy.
This tasty soup-come-stew is packed with beans, lentils, greens, and spices.
Great for when you just need to eat something warming and healthy and this soup has everything.
The spices are warming and the lentils and beans make this a complete meal with tons of plant-based proteins.
And can I just say… how amazing are beans? A few tins or jars, some spices, and you can make something absolutely delicious, filling and budget friendly.
Here’s the recipe!
Enjoy, love, Niki xxx
My Beans & Greens Soup
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red onion roughly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic roughly chopped
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 4 large tomatoes chopped
- 1.5 litre veg stock
- 200 g red lentils rinsed
- 250 g chickpeas drained
- 250 g butter beans drained
- 2 tbsp runny tahini
- 200 g spinach chopped
- 1 big handful dill
- 1/2 tsp sea salt and back pepper
For the toppings
- Pinch za’atar
- More tahini
- Extra Virgin oil
- Cook the onion in the oil on a medium heat for approx 10 minutes until soft
- Add the garlic and spices to the mix and cook for a further minute.
- Add in the chopped tomatoes and cook for a few minutes until they are soft then add the stock and lentils. Simmer for 10–15 minutes until the lentils are soft.
- Add in the chickpeas and beans and spinach. Cook for a further few minutes until the spinach has wilted.
- Stir in the tahini and dill and season well.
- Serve with topped with za’atar, tahini and extra virgin olive oil.
So delicious! I paired it with some sourdough! Thanks Niki!
Lovely! So happy you liked! xxx
Loved this! So easy, tasty and wholesome. Thanks for the recipe.
Very happy you liked it xxx