Asian Style Cabbage Pancakes
The tastiest Asian style cabbage pancake – filled with a tasty mix of spring onions, cabbage and Asian flavours – easy to make and absolutely delicious!
The tastiest Asian style cabbage pancake – filled with a tasty mix of spring onions, cabbage and Asian flavours.
Packed with flavour, they have an amazing texture and, combined with the dipping sauce, they are completely addictive.
It’s pancake day today and you can find tons of pancakes, both sweet and savoury here (some of my favourites below). But in my opinion, you really can’t beat a big juicy stuffed pancake like this one.
I hope you love this and you can find some more inspiration here;
Love, Niki xxx
Vegan Asian Style Cabbage Pancakes
For the filling
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1/4 green cabbage shredded
- 2 spring onions sliced lengthwise
- 2 tbsp garlic minced
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- Pinch chilli flakes
For the pancakes
- 100 g plain flour
- 150 ml water
For the dipping sauce
- 2 tbsp tamari
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp chilli flakes
- 2 tbsp maple
- Juice 1/2 lime
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tsp Siraracha
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
To make the pancakes
- First, add spring onions, cabbage and sesame oil to a pan and fry for 4-5 minutes until soft.
- Now add the garlic and ginger and fry for a further minute.
- Now add the soy sauce and chilli flakes.
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, water and cabbage mix
- Now preheat a nonstick frying pan with a little oil.
- Spoon the mix into the pan and spread to a flat thick pancake shape.
- Now fry for 1-2 minutes until the underside is firm. Carefully flip the pancake and then cook for another minute until the pancake is cooked through and slightly golden.
- Carefully remove from the pan and slice into squares ready to be dipped into the dipping oil.
To make the dipping sauce
- Add all the ingredients to a jar and mix thoroughly to combine.
- Sprinkle the pancake with sesame seeds and then dip in the sauce.