Tandoori Cauliflower Mini Pizza’s with Mint Sauce & Pickled Onions
Delicious fluffy little mounds of flatbread topped with creamy mint coconut sauce, tandoori roast cauliflower and tangy quick pickled onions–incredible!
I love the flavours here–fluffy little mounds of flatbread topped with creamy mint coconut sauce, tandoor roast cauliflower and tangy quick pickled onions–an amazing taste and texture combination!
They make a really fun family dinner and are brilliant for entertaining, with some extra nibbles, like dips, etc.
Make sure you dollop on generous amounts of the tasty mint sauce.
You don’t have to use a yeasted dough–if you want a speedy version, you can use my quick flatbread recipe.
I also love the cauliflower on top of dal or hummus.
The pickles are also great on top of dal, curry, or in tacos.
I hope you love this. Let me know if you make it. xxx.
Tandoori Cauliflower Mini Pizzas with Mint Sauce & Pickled Onions
For the dough
- 400 g white flour
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp quick yeast
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 350 ml luke warm water
- Mix–leave for a few minutes
For the tandoori cauliflower
- 1 large cauliflower cut into small florets
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt flakes
- Pinch chilli flakes
- Juice 1 lemon
- 5 tbsp coconut yogurt
For the pickled onions
- 1 medium red onion thinly sliced
- 50 ml apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp coriander seeds
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
For the mint yogurt
- 6- 8 tbsp coconut yogurt
- 4 tbsp fresh mint shredded
- Juice 1/2 lemon
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
For the toppings
- Chilli flakes
To make the dough
- Add the dry ingredients to a large bowl–mix well.
- Mix in the olive oil with the lukewarm water.
- Bring together until you have a dough. Tip the dough onto a well floured chopping board. Knead for a few minutes until the dough is springy. Add more flour if needed.
- Add back to the bowl and cover with a damp cloth for about a hr.
- Transfer back onto the floured chopping board and knead again to knock back.
To make the tandoori cauliflower
- Add the dressing ingredients to a large bowl and mix to combine. Now add the cauliflower and toss to combine.
- Transfer to a large roasting pan. Roast for 20 minutes, then turn. Continue to roast for a further 20 minutes or until cooked and crispy on the edges. Remove from the oven.
To make the pickles
- Add all the ingredients to a jar and stir to combine.
- To make the coconut mint sauce
- Add all the ingredients to a jar and mix to combine.
To make the pizzas
- Heat the oven to 180C and lightly oil two large baking trays.
- To make 8 mini pizzas–Divide the dough into eight, then roll out the dough on a floured chopping board. Place on the baking trays.
- Bake for 15 minutes, until the crust is cooked and a little golden.
- Remove from the oven and then top with the mint sauce, cauliflower and pickled onions. Add fresh mint, coriander and chilli flakes.
Delish!! Do we roast cauliflower at 180 too?
Yes, sure do!
love, niki xx
I will Adde this recepie to my ”vegan repertoar” ❤️ ❤️