I love all the Christmas veggies around at the moment, roast carrots and parsnips, sprouts … mmm I love sprouts!
Although there arent that many leftovers in my house, there are always a few spare sprouts or extra bit of mash that you just can’t manage to squeeze into bursting tummies.
So I thought it would be a fun idea to share a few ideas for using up those leftovers; all really quick, tasty and deliciously healthy.
Once again I’m teaming up with my friends at Bfresh juice for some veggie inspiration. Because a lovely fresh cold pressed veg packed juice is just what I need after Christmas indulgences, how about you?
I’ve featured Bfresh #Goldenglow as the perfect accompaniment to my leftovers recipes. A gorgeous mix of carrot, orange, apple & fresh turmeric. Healthy and delicious.
Hurrah, I’ve created three little recipes & videos to get your taste buds tingling and use up those leftovers…
Heres my first;
Asian sprout stir fry with noodles & toasted cashews
This super quick, tasty meal can be whipped up in 15 minutes flat and is so good. Crunchy sprouts with sesame, garlic, ginger, comforting noodles, delicious toasted cashews for crunch and juicy popping pomegranates. Yum!
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 6 spring onions roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves sliced
- 1 knob grated ginger
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- 2 cups Sainsbury’s trimmed sprouts
- Glug of Sainsbury’s soy sauce
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- Handful Pomegranate seeds
- Handful toasted cashews
- Chilli flakes to taste
- Slice the spring onions, garlic and 1 knob ginger
- Half the Trimmed sprouts
- Add 1 tbsp sesame oil to a hot frying pan
- Fry for a few minutes until soft
- Add 2 tbsp sesame seeds & the sprouts and fry for a few minutes
- Cook the noodles then add to the pan, stir to combine.
- Add a glug of soy sauce and 1 tsp maple syrup
- Top with toasted cashews and handful of Pomegranate seeds
Creamy parsnip and carrot coconut soup
The combination of sweet carrots, parsnips, spices and creamy coconut milk is just devine, especially with the added dollop of crunchy peanut butter and topped with toasted sunflower seeds and chilli flakes.
Delicious and pure comfort in a bowl.
- 2 roast parsnips chopped up
- 4 roast carrots chopped up
- 1 tbsp Sainsbury’s olive oil
- 1 onion roughly chopped
- 2 cloves garlic sliced
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 pint veg stock
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 can Sainsburys coconut milk
- Sainsbury’s Soy sauce
- Toasted sunflower seeds
- Chilli flakes
- Roughly chop the onion and slice the garlic
- Add 1 tbsp olive oil to a large pan then fry the onion & garlic until soft
- Add 1 tsp turmeric & 1 tsp cumin seeds and fry for a few minutes.
- And 1 pint veg stock then Thd leftover roast parsnips & carrots
- Simmer for a few minutes then add in the coconut milk and 1 tbsp peanut butter
- Blitz until smooth & creamy
- Top with a little soy sauce, toasted seeds & coriander
Potato & pea fritters with leftover cranberry sauce & watercress
- 2 cups leftover mashed potato
- 1 onion chopped up finely
- 1 cup peas
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- Sea salt
- Sainsbury’s cranberry sauce
- Chop up the onion then add 2 tbsp olive oil to a frying pan and cook on a medium heat for a few minutes until soft.
- Add 1tsp cumin seeds, 1 tsp ground coriander and 1 tsp mustard seed and stir until fragrant.
- Add the Leftover mash potatoes, salt & peas to a large bowl then add in the onions.
- Mix to combine
- Chill or an hr to firm up a little
- Add olive oil to a large pan, heat to a medium heat then scoop up small balls and add to the pan
- Fry on a medium heat – flipping occasionally brown on both sides.
- Serve with cranberry sauce and watercress
I hope you enjoy my veggie leftovers recipes! Don’t forget to check out my Instagram feed for the videos!
Love, Niki xx
Did you know that I have a new cookbook?
It's called Rebel Recipes and I'm so proud of it. If you like my recipes I know you'll love my cookbook - It took me over a year to develop (and years in the making) and it's packed with deliciously vibrant veg packed recipes!
Here's a sneak peak...
Subscribe and receive a free download of my SuperSix recipe book