Miso Roast Parsnips on Mustard Butterbean Mash & Roast Garlic
Delicious miso roast parsnips on a bed of mustard butterbean mash – roasted parsnips in a sweet miso dressing, amazing with the caramelised parsnips.
These months seasonal veg is parsnips, and I realised I didn’t have as many on my site as I thought–so this seems like an opportunity to address that.
So here we have delicious miso roast parsnips on a bed of mustard butter mash–You can probably see that I’ve combined roast veg and a creamy dip/mash again. I just love the contrasting textures this creates.
I roasted the parsnips in a sweet miso dressing–which is really lovely with the caramelised parsnips. And the mash–a creamy mix of butter beans and wholegrain mustard. Delicious!
I really hope you enjoy, this is perfect with fresh bread or as a side to serve with a festive spread.
I love it with my Ultimate Winter Lentil Bake, and my Squash & Mushroom Risotto. Give them a try too.
Much love, Niki xxx
Miso Roast Parsnips on Mustard Butter Bean Mash & Roast Garlic
For the parsnips
- 500 g parsnips trimmed and sliced in half lengthways if large
- 3 bulbs garlic–top cut off
For the miso dressing
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp brown rice miso
- 1 tbsp tamari
- Pinch sea salt
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
For the butter bean mash
- 2 onions chopped roughly
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic sliced
- 2 cans butter beans drained
- Juice 1/2 lemon
- Big pinch sea salt
- 2 tbsp coconut yogurt
- 1 tsp wholegrain mustard
To cook the parsnips
- Pre heat your oven to 180c
- First, mix the dressing in a jar, then toss the parsnips in the dressing.
- Transfer to a baking tray along with the garlic and bake for approx 45 minutes or until caramelised on the outside and soft inside–turn once.
To make the mash
- Fry the onions in the oil for 8 -10 minutes until soft and browning. Now add the garlic and fry for a further minute.
- Transfer to a food processor and all the remaining ingredients. Blitz to a creamy mash.
- Serve the parsnips on the creamy mash with the roast garlic.