Chunky Roast Pepper, Aubergine, Butter bean, Caper and Pesto Salad
A super fresh and summery salad packed with seasonal veg. Beautifully sweet roasted peppers and silky aubergine–tossed in my favourite basil pesto.
What’s in the mix?
Chunky, creamy butter beans to make the salad more substantial
Pine nuts for nutty crunch–but sunflower/pumpkin seeds are a brilliant alternative
Punchy capers–add a zing
Greens–I love to add sweet pea shoots or peppery rocket and then lots of fresh herbs–basil, thyme, mint all work really well.
It’s a super simple salad, but absolutely delicious. I love to serve it with fresh bread or crispy potatoes. YUM!
Love, Niki xxx
Chunky Roast Pepper, Aubergine, Butter Bean, Caper and Pesto Salad
- 3 red/yellow/orange peppers sliced in half and de-seeded
- 2 aubergines cut into long strips
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Big pinch sea salt
For the pesto
- 30 g basil
- 50 g pine nuts
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive
- Juice 1/2 lemon
- Pinch sea salt
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 50 g water
For the salad mix
- 1 can butter beans drained
- 2 tbsp toasted pine nuts
- 2 tbsp capers–I used large
- Handful pea shoots or rocket leaves
- Fresh herbs–mint thyme, basil
- Pinch of sea salt flakes
- Pre heat your oven to 180c
- First, roast the peppers and aubergine by adding to a baking tray with the oil and salt. Bake approx 30–35 minutes until soft and a little charred. Set aside.
To make the pesto
- Add all the ingredients to a mini chopper or food processor and blitz to a chunky paste.
- Add the roast veg and butter beans to a large bowl, add a few tbsps of the pesto and toss to combine.
- Top with handfuls of leaves and fresh herbs. Sprinkle some capers and toasted pine nuts over the top.
- Add more pesto and a sprinkle sea salt flakes if you want to.
I’ve got all the ingredients and I’m making this today! Can’t wait! Thank you!
Amazing! Hope you love it xxx
Thank you for sharing that lovely food recipe.
Thank you! xx