It’s fig season! And I’m loving seeing so many gorgeous fig recipes and images floating across my screen.
I think there are many delicious fig recipes, but one of my favourite flavour combinations is peanut butter and figs, have you tried it? The combination of crunchy slightly salted peanut butter with juicy fresh figs is crazy good. Especially on toasted sourdough or rye bread.
So I thought about combining these flavours in a dessert. The result – delicious peanut butter and fig slices. A crunchy peanut butter and ground almond base with a deliciously sweet fig jam topping with fresh figs and baked. A match made in heaven.
I used super versatile Pura Coconut Oil in the base, which really helps to stick it all together so you get a gorgeous crunchy base. As you know the team at Pura Coconut kindly sent me some of their lovely products to try and challenged me to create some healthy and easy recipes. My veggie stir fry with peanut sauce is proving super popular, and I hope you like my peanut and fig slices as much as I do.
Here’s a little bit more about Pura Coconut
* Pura is also high in Omega 3, it is lower in saturated fat than traditional coconut oil.
* Pura Coconut Blend range includes two products: a liquid blend and a spray
* Pura Coconut Oil Blend is combined with Rapeseed and Sunflower oil
* Pura Coconut Oil Liquid Blend (500ml) – The liquid consistency is perfect for roasting,basting and frying. RRP £4.00
* Pura Coconut Oil Liquid Blend Spray (200ml) – The handy spray format offers portion control, making it a great choicefor stir frying and basting. RRP £2.50
* Stockist: Pura Coconut Oil Liquid Blend is available from Asda,Sainsbury’s and Morrisons.
Did you know that I have a new cookbook?
It's called Rebel Recipes and I'm so proud of it. If you like my recipes I know you'll love my cookbook - It took me over a year to develop (and years in the making) and it's packed with deliciously vibrant veg packed recipes!
Here's a sneak peak...
Subscribe and receive a free download of my SuperSix recipe book