I’m always being asked what I have for lunch and for some healthy lunch ideas… To be honest I’m usually in a rush and what works for me is throwing a combination of good things from my fridge into my lunch box and go. It’s all about having healthy staples to hand.. I’ll cook a big pan of quinoa or lentils at the weekend and keep them in the fridge batched up into potions for the week, cook a huge pot of soup and freeze in tubs (you can take them out of the freezer the night before work to defrost), make some hummus and pesto and then dollop some into your lunch box everyday.
I also keep a good supply of nuts and seeds in the cupboard so that you can add them to my lunches and take to work as a healthy snack.
Here’s what I usually have a combination of – literally any or all of the following;
- Some Quinoa, lentils, chickpeas or beans (frozen edamame are great!) for protein and keep my full up.
- Lots of fresh veggies and leaves – whatever’s to hand but I like; chopped red cabbage, grated carrots, crunchy sugar snap peas, tomatoes, courgetti, red peppers.
- Roast veg – cauliflower, sweet potato or squash.
- Some seeds and nuts for the all important crunch and extra protein.
- Some hummus or pesto – I pretty much always have some in the fridge.
- Kimchi or sauerkraut – I’m obsessed. Delicious and so good for you.
And a tasty dressing – the most important thing to make your lunch taste amazing;
- My favourite tangy salad dressing;
- 2 tbsp organic apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp extra Virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp mustard of choice (Dijon or Wholegrain)
- 1 tsp sweetener of choice – maple, agave
- Sea Salt
- Black Pepper
- Tahini dressing;
- Juice 1 lemon
- 1-2 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 1/4 cup water
Here’s some other lunch ideas (my fav soup and take leftovers for lunch);
Super green pea and mint soup
Did you know that I have a new cookbook?
It's called Rebel Recipes and I'm so proud of it. If you like my recipes I know you'll love my cookbook - It took me over a year to develop (and years in the making) and it's packed with deliciously vibrant veg packed recipes!
Here's a sneak peak...
Subscribe and receive a free download of my SuperSix recipe book